Monday, July 7, 2014

Blog Post #11

I am going to start with my favorite video we watched for
securednetworks.com
this blog post, Sam Pane's Teaching Digital Citizenship, video shows the importance of teaching students how to safely use the internet to gather the information they need. This is my favorite video because the internet is becoming a huge part of students' education, they should know all of the things they should and should not do on the internet. Pane mentions how students should keep their personal information private, since anyone can see it once it is posted on the internet. Mr. Crosby's Back to the Future video tells us not to rush our students through their education and make sure they are receiving the best education you can give them. Mr. Crosby connects with his students through technology and exposes them to parts of the world that they may not get to experience otherwise. Blended Learning is mobile, online, and classroom learning all built into one. In order to present a blended learning lesson, Paul Anderson says you need six things: question, investigate, video, elaboration, review, summary, and quiz. Blended learning is a new term for me and I would like to try and use it in my classroom whenever possible. In the last video, Project Based Learning by Dean Shareski we learn that we can combine different subjects into one PBL. My group did this when we created our Shakespeare Renaissance Fair PBL. We incorporated the English from Shakespeare and the Renaissance time period from History. I want to try this project with my own class one day.

2 comments:

  1. Be sure to answer the driving question rather than summarizing videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed the "Teaching Digital Citizenship" video. Students should be taught the proper ways to protect themselves on the internet since it is beginning to play such a huge role in their education. I also enjoyed it because I thought being able to create a super hero was pretty cool! Good post.

    ReplyDelete