Thursday, July 3, 2014

Blog Post #10

Using technology in this classroom is one of the main things EDM 310 teaches us. Dr. Strange asked us to watch all of his interviews with Mrs. Cassidy
to see how she effectively uses technology in her classroom, even with first graders. Two of the things she uses in her classroom are the SMARTboards and blogging. These are two things I plan on using in my classroom. Before doing our SMARTboard demonstrations, I was not aware of everything a SMARTboard can really do. Teaching lessons using SMARTboards is more interactive for students, and getting students interested in what is being taught is one thing I am big on. Also, I had never kept a blog until EDM 310 either. Since I will be an English teacher, blogging is one thing I will definitely have my students do on a regular basis. Blogging will help improve students' writing skills and teach them to communicate with not just the other students in the classroom, but whomever they choose. I love how Mrs. Cassidy is starting to introduce her students to these forms of technology at such a young age. This will help them become familiar with the technology and know how to use as much as they can.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kayla. I also look forward to using blogging in my future classroom. I also think that blogging would be a great tool to use for an English teacher. Good post!

    ReplyDelete